Raffles - The Details
A month from today I will be holding a quiz night at Sugarhorse to raise funds towards my $20,000 target (we have just over $3000 currently).
I also have 3 raffles that will be drawn on the night but tickets can be brought from me beforehand. Each raffle has one main prize pack with lots of goodies. Tickets are $2 each and you can choose your number. The raffles are detailed below with the amazing organisations that have gifted items. If you are interested in buying some raffle tickets email me at email@example.com. Thanks!
Raffle #1: The Beauty Raffle
This raffle is for the women...
- Hair by Sonya voucher - My incredible hairdresser who manages to turn my wild array of curls, twirls and straight into gorgeous flowing curls every time. Sonya is an incredible woman who also has a heart to make a difference in the world (ask her about how she is supporting girls rescued out of slavery in Cambodia). Sonya is incredibly skilled at her profession, not many people can tame this mane. She can colour she can stripe she can probably even camouflage. Check her out on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hairbysonya/
- Glitter n Glamour Voucher - Grace at Glitter n Glamour has some incredible nail art going on! If you have an event coming up or just want an excuse to have some TLC go see Grace at Glitter n Glamour. She used to share a roof (within a business aspect) with Sonya but has now found a new home in Bryndwr. Check out her facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/glitternglamournz/
- Silver Sparrow Jewellery - Candice has a gorgeous selection of jewellery and will be adding some to the Beauty Raffle. Silver Sparrow believes that 'Life is beautiful and so are you! They are about affordable jewellery that makes pretty on the outside what's already pretty on the inside.' Candice also supports great organisations like 'One Mother to Another.' I can't wait to see what she adds to the raffle. Visit her website: https://www.silversparrow.co.nz/ or her facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/silversparrownz/
- Templeton Pharmacy have donated several beautiful items from their store including rose-gold tea light candle holders and a rose-gold and glass box, a photo frame and a butterfly jewellery dish (you'll need that for your new Silver Sparrow Jewellery!)
- Included in this prize pack is an Elizabeth Taylor perfume (Diamonds and Sapphires) and some L'OREAL sampler sugar scrubs.
Raffle #2: Plastic Free
Have you ever wanted to start that incredible journey of reducing your plastic? Or have you started the journey but you're still looking for great ideas? This is the raffle for you.
- CaliWoods Reusable Drinking Straws - We know plastic straws aren't good for the environment and here is your chance to break free from them. These straws are food grade stainless steel and come with a cleaner to help free them of that milkshake residue. They are dishwasher safe and BPA-free. Check out more varieties of straws at https://caliwoods.co.nz/
- Smartass products - (yes you read that correctly). This great wee company makes tree-free toilet paper and tissues with incredibly funky wrapping. There are three rolls of toilet paper and a box of tissues for you to try but you can order more at https://www.smartass.co.nz/products/product
- LilyBee Wraps - I can't speak highly enough of these wraps. My mum and I have competitions to see who has the most wraps and whose are the prettiest. They are a great way to keep your food fresh without using plastic and they work miracles on avocados. LilyBee have supplied a small wrap which is great for small bowls (or avocados!) and they have also included a code for 25% off your next order! So head on over and start dreaming of what wraps you could add to (or start) your collection. https://www.lilybeewrap.com/
- My Vita Bag - Are you not sure if your reusable shopping bag is actually safe for the environment? This one is. It is organic, biodegradable and comes with a great message (Be kind to one another and look after the planet). Thank you to My Vita Bag for contributing this and to Mary Beth Morgan for organising it for me! Have a look at their range of biodegradable bags and other great products at https://myvitabag.co.nz/
- Included in this raffle (donated by myself) is also a Humble Brush Bamboo Toothbrush and an Ethique Butter Block Sampler. I only use a Humble Brush Toothbrush. Not only are you helping the environment, you are also helping someone in need. The Humble Smile Foundation delivers professional and sustainable healthcare projects where they are most needed around the world, funded directly by purchasing a Humble Brush. Designed in Sweden, developed by dentists, kind to our planet and humble to others. Why not make a difference while brushing your teeth? Ethique are also a great way to start making a change on our use of plastics. I only use Ethique shampoo and conditioner which is free from plastic and vegan-friendly. They also make face cleanser, face scrubs, moisturisers (great for travelling), deodorants and laundry soaps. To see their great range take a look at https://ethiquebeauty.co.nz/ (Both of these products can be purchased at the Templeton Pharamacy who have been mentioned already above).
Raffle #3: Treat Yourself
The food raffle!
- Healthy Harvest Hamper - The popular fruit and vege shop is at it again. Not only do they sell great quality produce, they also love helping causes such as my adoption. They also supported my friend and I when we travelled to Uganda two years ago. If you've never been to Healthy Harvest I suggest you pay Mike and his hardworking team a visit. They are on the corner of Springs Road and Marshes Road. My suggestion is try to go on a weekday... it can get pretty busy which is proof of their great produce. Follow them on Facebook to see their great deals (like 38c avocados!) https://www.facebook.com/HealthyHarvestFruitAndVeges/
- Chocolate Traders Hamper - I was lucky enough to receive a tin of these incredible chocolates as an end of year present from one of my students. I have never tasted chocolate like it before. Now I travel past their shop everyday and contemplate when I might next have this delicious treat. I was lucky enough to receive the 'Finest Assortment Chocolate Tin.' I thoroughly recommend visiting their site http://www.chocolatetraders.co.nz/
- The Laboratory Lincoln - I had a chat to the team at The Lab and they said that they couldn't provide anything to support the raffle but they would give me a $50 Laboratory voucher. I would say that's a huge support (and a great prize!) The Lab is a great wee bar serving craft beers and incredible food. We often head here for staff drinks (we have a table booked for this Friday) and I always have a debate over whether I get the mushroom croquettes or the fried chicken. But that's not all that's good on the menu. Give their spiced lamb meatballs or their slow cooked pork ribs a go. With a $50 voucher you could get them all! Have a look over their menu at http://thelaboratory.co.nz/food
- Ti Ora Teas - The team at Ti Ora Teas have offered a sample pack of teas for our food raffle as well. These would go nicely with the chocolates from the Chocolate Traders :)
So there they are, the raffles and the beautiful people who are helping make this happen. Email me if you are wanting a ticket. Tell me what raffle you want it for and what number you are after (numbers between 1 and 100). Thanks :)