Adoption update #11 6 Days to Go

 The past few weeks have absolutely flown past with organising the last few details of the trip. I have bought all the things that I need for the trip and my bags are packed. I have two more days at work and then 3 days to finish off some last minute things at home before flying out of Christchurch at 1:10pm on Saturday. The closer we get the faster the clock seems to tick down!

There is a mix of great excitement in becoming a family and going on an adventure but also a sense of being overwhelmed with the hugeness of those two things. But I know that God travels with us and before us. 

Packing was an interesting dilemma. We are allowed 30kg checked luggage for all our flights to Delhi and 7kg carry on. We arrive in Delhi at around 4pm on Sunday and go straight to the hotel to sleep as we have to be awake at 2am the next morning to be at the airport by 3am for a domestic flight at 5:15am. We are away for 3 days and our domestic flight luggage allowance is only 15kg meaning that we need to leave some of our luggage at the hotel. So, in packing, I have tried to pack my carry on luggage for flying to Delhi with as many of the things I will need for our 3 days away without exceeding the 7kgs. I have also packed my checked in bag with travel cubes. Half of the bag is for our 3 days away while the other half (in a separate compartment is for leaving at the hotel. Sound confusing? It was!

With the Covid19 situation in New Zealand escalating I had to make the tough decision to cancel social catch ups including a work party and adoption shower. I also have limited my outings. I rarely leave my house, except for work, and only go to a shop for necessities for travel and, when I can, only when they are just opening as there are less people. This can be a bit lonely but I have waited so long for this to happen that I don't want to risk it now. It will all be worth it in the end.

I was blessed to have people at church pray for me today and many of my friends messaging me with encouragement and telling me that they are praying too. Please keep praying for myself, Bunny and my aunty, Sharon. Please pray for protection from Covid both here and when we are in India, that the attachment with Bunny and I will develop really well and for protection and safety as we travel. Once again, thank you for all your support.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Became a Mum Adoption Update #9

Adoption Update #10 The Flights are Booked!

Our Family Day